Walailak University is seeking for 1 lecturer for Program in Community Public Health (Health Promotion and Community Health Management) School of Public Health in order to teach, research and develop academic work and academic services with details as follows
1. General Qualifications
1.1 Applicants must have general qualifications and are not under any of the prohibitions, according to Article 11 of the Walailak University's regulations on personnel management, B.E. 2561 and Walailak University Announcement On Qualifications of applicants as academic staff of the university Dated 20th July 2022
1.2 Graduated from the research focused course from a higher education institution in the country or abroad that is accredited by the university
1.3 GPA not less than 2.75 at the Bachelor's degree level, not lower than 3.50 at a Master’s degree level or equivalent. In case of graduating from a specialized course that has an academic year equivalent to a master's degree or a six years bachelor's degree program, such as the Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Dental Surgery, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and Bachelor of Pharmacy, GPA must not be lower than 3.25
1.4 Have an English proficiency score of TOEFL (Paper-Based) not less than 550 or other equivalent English proficiency test scores which do not exceed two years from the date of application The score details as follows
CEFR B2 equivalent to IELTS 6.5/ WU-TEP 84/ IELTS 6.5/ TOEFL IBT (Internet-Based Test) 80/ TOEFL PBT (Paper-Based Test) 550/ TOEFL ITP (Institutional Testing Program) 550/ TOEIC 686/ TOEFL CBT (Computer-Based Test) 213/ CU-TEP 100
If an applicant has a TOEFL (Paper-Based) score less than 550 but not less than 500, the university adapt an applicant to pass to the presentation round, and when being employed, the contract must be agreed with the following conditions
1) Report English test scores every 4 months and Submit the English test scores that meet the criteria specified by the university (TOEFL (Paper-Based) not less than 550 scores) within 2 years from the date of being employed as university staff
2) In the case of non-compliance with clause 1.4, the employee will be terminated from being an employee of the university. They were considered disqualified from being an employee of the university from the beginning. Unless the school has reasons and necessity which has been approved by the president to extend the period for submitting English test scores. However, the period can be extended not more than 1 year.
Applicants with the following qualifications are exempted from having an English proficiency test.
1) Type of contract: Temporary Employee
2) Native speakers who teach their native language.
3) Eastern language lecturer (Except Thai)
4) An applicant who graduated with a bachelor's degree and Ph.D. from a foreign country who uses English as a communication language or study in the curriculum taught in English.
5) An applicant with academic positions ( Associate Professor or Professor)
1.5 Applicants with a Master's degree must be under the age of 30, except for those with academic titles (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor) and persons holding specific professional or academic positions on a professional level, Senior Professional Level, Expert Level Advisory Level or holding other positions with other names which are comparable to the professional level or higher from domestic or foreign higher education institutions or from government agencies or government organizations (If the qualifier’s age is over 30 years old and the department has a reason to hire this person, department is required to propose to the president for consideration on a case-by-case basis)
1.6 In the case that a Ph.D. graduate from a university that is in the World University Ranking but does not meet the criteria in 1.3, shall be the power of the president to consider and approve on a case-by-case basis.
Remark : Applicants who do not have English proficiency test scores or have not reached the required score level or have a lower GPA than specified or those with a master's degree but older than 30 years old, the university may offer to employ on a 1 year contract condition, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis
2. Position-Specific Qualifications
Health Promotion and Community health management
2.1 Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Demography, Medical Social Sciences,or other related fields.
2.2 Hold a Master’s degree and/or Doctorate degree in Public Health, Demography, or related experience and thesis to health services, health management, primary care management, community health systems development or related.
2.3 Special consideration will be given to the applicants who have Community Public Health License and international research publication in related fields.
2.4 Thai or other nationalities who can communicate verbal/written in English fluently
3.1 Applicants with the following qualifications will be given special consideration.
- Have teaching experience at a university or in higher Education Institution and/or doing research on a specific field of study
- Have an academic position or have academic works
3.2 Be able to perform full-time jobs and after working hours as assigned.
3.3 Be Eager to experience new things and have a strong determination to work and must also be able to devote themselves to the works assigned.
3.4 Be understanding and accepting performance assessment criteria and conditions as required by the university.
4.1 Ph.D. starting from 40,000 Baht
4.2 Master Degree starting from 28,000 Baht
The university will consider the salary rate that will be received according to academic qualifications, knowledge, capabilities, and experience, following the regulations specified by the university.
5. Welfare and benefits
Other Benefits: the employee is personally entitled to receive an allowance and staff welfare benefits while employed by the university, but this entitlement does not apply to his/her spouse or offspring.
6. Documents for application
6.1 The completed application form with attaching a recent 1 inches formal photo (not wearing a hat and sunglasses)
6.2 Copies of a Degree and Transcript of records of Bachelor's degree and higher.
6.3 A copy of the physiotherapist license (if required)
6.4 A copy of English proficiency test scores
6.5 A copy of national ID card or government official ID card or passport
6.6 A copy of house registration (if any)
6.7 A copy of other evidence such as marriage license, name change certificate (if any)
6.8 Applicants who have been enlisted must have evidence of conscription.
The applicant must sign and certify a copy of all documents. If the proof of applications of any applicant does not meet the requirements specified in the announcement, an applicant will be considered disqualified to the presentation round or to be selected as an employee.
Those who wish to apply can request and submit an application form from now on, between 08:30 - 16:30 hrs. (except public holidays) at
Division of Human Resources and Organization, Walailak University
222 Thaiburi Subdistrict, Thasala, Nakhon Si Thammarat 80160
Tel. 0-7567-3749 Fax 0-7567-3708
Or can apply by mail by downloading the academic staff application form https://hro.wu.ac.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/lecturer_application_updated072020.pdf
and send the document to (2) above
8. Appointment process
The university will select suitable candidates for the position according to the following procedures:
8.1 Step 1 Applicant is being considered academic qualifications, GPA, work experience, academic works and publications, and applicant's field of study that matches the job descriptions of the position or not.
8.2 Step 2
(1) Once the applicant has passed step 1, the applicant is required to present on research or thesis for 10 minutes in order to evaluate the ability to present, knowledge transfer, academic ability and the potential to be excellent academics staff. In the case that the applicant has apparent experience and academic works and publications, an applicant may be considered to exclude the said presentation, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
(2) The applicant will be interviewed to determine suitability in various aspects such as attitude, academic interest, determination, expression, interpersonal relations, and other personality, etc.
9. Announcement of eligible candidates, schedule, and the announcement of an appointment result
(1) The university will announce the eligible candidates, presentation schedule and the result via the university website and university announcements
(2) The university reserves the right to consider the announcement of the eligible candidates or invite applicants to have an interview as proper.
10. Other Conditions
10.1 A qualifier who is unable to start working within the specified date will be considered a disclaimer.
10.2 Applicants who have been selected as "substitution" will be summoned after the qualifier start working or disclaim, and the university may consider it as necessary and appropriate.
10.3 The university reserves the right to consider and examine the candidate's qualifications as appropriate.
10.4 The university reserves the right to call and check documents and other application evidence afterward as appropriate.
10.5 Counterfeiting of evidence and application documents may be illegal. The university reserves the right to terminate the application document or the appointment.
10.6 The qualifier must submit the medical certificate and the psychological test results authorized by public hospital. For the cost of the said checkup and test, the qualifier must pay by themselves. The qualifier must submit the said documents within the following period of time:
1) For medical checkup, the qualifier must submit the medical certificate within the period stated in the appointment letter.
2) For the psychological test, the qualifier must submit the test result within 4 months from the starting date.