Walailak University students won the "Winner and 1st Runner-up Award" from the AIC INNO 2022 project, searching for the best financial innovations. From the International Trade Fair and Seminar on Halal (Business Matching Program) held during 11-14 August 2022 at the International Convention Center to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the accession to the throne, Prince of Songkla University. Hat Yai Campus as follows:
The winners are second-year students of the Information Technology and Digital Innovation Program, School of informatics, Walailak University, Team AIC03: Rich, Money Management Assistant for New Generations, consisting of Mr. Kasidit Boonchai, Mr. Thanawat Sriwilai, Mr. Panachat Iamnam, Mr. Pongnaphat Chuchuay and Mr. Ratchanon Chukiattakerng. The team was led by Lecturer Jongsuk Kongsen from the School of Informatics, Walailak University as an advisor and received a prize money of 30,000 Thai baht with a certificate and a plaque.
Mr. Thanawat Siwilai, head of the Nicasio team, states his excitement and graciousness for winning the awards. He perceives it as a marking step in bringing the name of Walailak University to a grand competition stage. Rich: Money Management Assistant for New Generation” is aimed to ease every day’s money management tasks and save time with a variety of functions available. Money saving Function in particular, serves as a digital wallet gathering information about scholarships or part-time jobs. More importantly, it is programed to generate personalized advice on the users’ money matters. In the future, the team is on its way to optimize the artificial intelligence further.
“We have taken a survey with 1,000 students and learned that over 600 of the informants were interested in money management and 330 of whom do part-time jobs. Rich answers to the need of new generations, especially students. I would like to thank the teachers in our program for the advice as well as our teammates. Without everyone, a success would not have been possible.”
- 1st Runner-up Award, the School of Engineering and Technology, Team AIC05: Halal Stock Scanning, namely Mr. Baserene Samarn, Computer and Artificial Intelligence Program, School of Engineering and Technology Walailak University, Mr. Muhammad Haris Ali, Civil Engineering Program, School of Engineering and Technology, Walailak University, Mr. Fahad Taye
Aviation engineering Institute of Civil Aviation, Mr. Uvis MadAdam, Faculty of Engineering Nanomaterials King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang and Mr. Abdul Muhsin Ben Salam, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University, with Ajarn Hussein Niyomdecha, School of Management Walailak University as an advisor receiving a prize money of 20,000 baht, along with a certificate and a plaque.
In this regard, the AIC INNO 2022 project seeking for the best financial innovations. More than 30 student teams from 10 universities across the country submit innovations for a contest. Only the last 7 teams have been selected to qualify for the finals. The results of the search for the best financial innovators on August 12, 2022, a team of students from various universities received awards as follows:
- AIC03 Rich team: Money management assistant for new generation from Walailak University wins the first prize
- AIC05 Halal Stock Scanning Team from Walailak University wins the 1st runner up award
- Team AIC04, IOT Innovation, Service and Account Management from Prince of Songkla University Pattani Campus wins the 2nd runner up award
- Team AIC02 Aomdi, Chulalongkorn University creative wins a Creative Innovation Award
- Team AIC07 START TO BUSINESS from Fatoni University, receives a consolation prize
- Team AIC06 Visual Planning Money Analysis from Prince of Songkla University, Pattani Campus, received consolation prize
- Team AIC01 Taawun, an online platform that helps customers find loan offers from Fatoni University, received a consolation prize
News by Division of Corporate Communication